Parent Organization: Parent Educator Connection
Carroll, IA, USA
Program: Iowa Family and Educator Partnership
The program provides parents and educators with opportunities to work together in positive ways to improve educational programs for children with special needs. The staff provide support and information to families individually and through parent workshops and support groups.
- Family training and support
- Facilitate links between families, schools, and community agencies.
- Education on parent/student rights and responsibilities
- Publish newsletters
- Library to loan books, pamphlets, and video and audiotapes on Special Education
- Support for managing challenging behaviors at home.
Families with children who have a disability, age birth through 21, educators, and other individuals who work with people with disabilities.
Contact the program coordinator assigned to your school district.
Handicap Accessible: No
Appointment Needed: No