Parent Organization: Iowa Congolese Organization and Center for Healing (ICOACH)
4300 Beaver Ave, Des Moines, IA, USA
Founded by Congolese refugees in 2017, ICOACH empowers Congolese Iowans by creating economic opportunities and delivering culturally appropriate assistance, so they can realize their potential, live with dignity and thrive in their new home. The ICOACH team members are all former Congolese refugees who once faced the same challenges newly arrived refugees are facing now. They are all survivors who found the perseverance to create a new community for themselves in Iowa. They are able to use their experience to help members of the Congolese community.
- Mail reading ‘ read mails and translate them appropriately
- Transportation ‘ provide transportation from/to work, appointments
- Interpretation ‘ schools, hospitals, employers, etc.
- Employment ‘ Job search, help with application, resume building, mock interviews and more.
- Appointments ‘ Schedule/Reschedule appointments, transport from/to appointments
- All other Paperwork except legal documents
- Navigate American healthcare system
- Computer literacy
- Drivers education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Interpretation & Translation
Congolese living in Iowa.
Contact ICOACH about individual needs.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
No Cost to Participant
Handicap Accessible: No
Appointment Needed: No
Website: View Website