Program: Healthy Child Care Iowa (HCCI)
Healthy Child Care Iowa supports registered nurse child care health consultants (CCHC) throughout Iowa. The child care nurse consultants provide on-site consultations, technical assistance, and training to child care providers. Businesses may call or send questions to a child care nurse consultant about health and safety policies, health programs, health of personnel, and specific child health or safety issues.
There is also a toll-free talkline available to child care providers and families for health related questions and to be connected to a child care nurse consultant. The Healthy Families Hotline number is 1.800.369.2229. Multiple language interpretation is available.
- Assessment of the child care environment for health and safety policy and practices
- Review of child health portion of enrollment record for health status of child, and identify overall health and safety needs of the whole group of children enrolled in child care
- Program planning with child care providers to meet the National Health and Safety Standards for Out-of-Home child care
- Issues specific consultation for identification of health and safety needs
- Technical assistance for specific problems or need areas
- Training of child care providers on health and safety issues
- Assist child care providers in drafting policy or procedures pertaining to health and safety
- Audit of immunization records, incident reports, etc.
Services are provided in licensed child care centers, registered child development homes, preschools, Head Start or Early Head Start, and non-registered child care homes.
Services are available to all Iowa child care providers and families.
Contact your local Child Care Nurse Consultant or Child Care Resource and Referral.
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Appointment Needed: No