I-Smileâ¢ Dental Home Initiative is a statewide program that connects Iowans with dental, medical, and community resources to ensure a lifetime of health and wellness.An I-Smile Coordinator provides care coordination and support to families with children who need dental care. The I-Smile Coordinator can help with: Setting up dental appointments, providing reminders of when the dental appointment is, arranging for transportation to the dental appointment, and providing education on oral health care.
- Oral screenings
- Fluoride varnish applications
- Sealant applications
- Educate parents about the benefits of regular preventive dental care
- Provide families with the names and locations of dental providers
- Assist families with scheduling dental appointments
- Arrange dental support services, such as transportation and translation
Children and pregnant women.
Contact your local I-Smile coordinator.
No Cost to Participant, Medicaid Waiver, Financial Assistance Available, Medicaid
Handicap Accessible: No
Appointment Needed: Yes