HIRTA offers public transportation for residents in Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Story, and Warren counties. Public transportation offerings vary by county. Please reach out to HIRTA to determine which services you are eligible for.
Individuals can pay for their far by bringing exact change, using HIRTA Bucks (available to purchase at Hy-Vee or HIRTA), or using the Amble App on a smart device.
- In-town or in-county trips
- City of Ames
- Individuals who cannot use CyRide's regular service due to a disability
- Application available at www.cyride.com/DAR-application
- Grocery Shuttle
- Shuttle to Des Moines
- Shuttle between Ames and Nevada
- Shuttle between Knoxville and Pella
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)
- Medicaid Fee-For-Service
- IA Health Link
- Senior Transportation Donation based program
- To determine if eligible fill out Aging Resource Intake form on HIRTA website.
- JobLink Commuter Shuttle – Norwalk
- Capital City Fruit
- La Quercia
- Michael Foods
- Produce Innovations
- Rowe Electronics
- Windsor Windows
To schedule a trip or receive more information call 1-877-686-0029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call as soon as you know you need a ride. HIRTA is able to book up to 14 days in advance and as little as same-day (additional fee may apply). Reservations for next day trips must be made by 3:00 pm.
HIRTA drivers pick up within a 20-minute window. Please plan accordingly. It is considered on time if the HIRTA vehicle arrives between 10 minutes before or 10 minutes after the requested pickup time.
Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Warren counties:
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
City of Ames:
Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Self Pay, Financial Assistance Available, Medicaid
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Appointment Needed: No
Website: View Website