Parent Organization: Polk County Public Works
5885 NE 14th St, Des Moines, IA, USA
Program: Emergency Repair
Provides needed repairs to owner-occupied single family dwellings and mobile homes located throughout Polk County. These repairs are completed for the purpose of keeping families in their homes, particularly those persons who are most vulnerable such as the elderly, the disabled, and children in a compassionate and respectful fashion.
- Home repairs
To qualify for this program:
- Home/Mobile Home must be owner occupied for at least one year prior to application
- Household income must at 50% or below the median income set for Polk County
- Provide income documentation as needed
- The total assessed value of the property cannot exceed $128,000
- Property taxes and assessments must be current
To apply for the Emergency Repair program, contact Polk County Public Works, Housing Services Section by phone or email.
No Cost to Participant
Handicap Accessible: No
Appointment Needed: No
Website: View Website