Parent Organization: Orchard Place
620 8th St, Des Moines, IA, USA
Program: Love and Logic
The Love and Logic program gives parents, educators, and others working with children practical strategies for reducing behavior problems, increasing motivation, and building assets which contribute to life-long responsibility and resiliency. It teaches parenting skills that cultivate confidence and good decision making skills in children by offering choices, empathy, and respect while avoiding anger, threats, and warnings.
Services will teach parents to:
- Preserve and enhance the child’s self-concept
- Teach children how to own and solve the problems they create
- Share the control and decision-making
- Combine consequences with high levels of empathy and warmth
- Build the adult-child relationship
Open to anyone
Contact Orchard Place for upcoming classes in the Des Moines area.
No Cost to Participant
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Appointment Needed: No