Boys Town, formerly Girls and Boys Town and Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, is a non-profit organization dedicated to caring for its children and families based in Boys Town, Nebraska. Boys Townprovides compassionate treatment for the behavioral, emotional and physical problems of childrenand families. Boys Town has developed a distinctive, research-based approach. This approach, ”which is called the Boys Town ModelÂ®, involves five steps:
- Teach children and ‘families life-changing skills so they can achieve true change in their lives.
- Help children and families build healthy relationships that will last, and provide them the support and foundation to grow.
- Empower children and families to make good decisions and succeed on their own.
- Care for children in a family-style environment ‘ after all, families are the building blocks of our lives.
- Support children and families in practicing a faith to give them stability and guidance ‘in’ times of difficulty and need.