The Iowa Department on Aging (IDA)is Iowa's state unit on aging required by the Older Americans Act. IDA's responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all state activities related to the purposes of Title III.
- Developing a State Plan on Aging
- Serving as an effective and visible advocate for older persons by 1). Reviewing and commenting upon all state plans, budgets and policies that affect elders. 2). Providing technical assistance to any agency, organization, association or individual representing the needs of elders.
- Assuring that preferences for services will be given to older individuals with greatest economic or social needs.
- Assuring that preference for services will be given to low-income minority and rural older adults.