Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) are supportive, directive, and teaching interventions provided in a community- or home-based care environment designed to improve the individual’s skills for effective functioning with family, peers, and community in an age-appropriate manner.
Your child or young adult may benefit from BHIS services for issues such as:
- family, school or peer conflict
- change in sleep or eating patterns
- loss of planning and organizational skills
- impulsive behaviors such as running away, substance use, verbally and/or physically acting out
- risk of out-of-home placement